Monday, October 8, 2012

Preggers Post

Hello 28 weeks, it's so good to see you!


It's been a long time coming, but I finally feel like there is an end in sight.  After finding out I was pregnant 4 days before my missed period, the migraines, the persistent morning sickness, and the complications, it's crazy to think that I am less than 3 months away from holding this little boy.  
I had my OB appointment this morning and had to take my glucose test.  I don't remember it sucking quite so bad the first pregnancy, but then again, I don't remember any of it being this bad the first time! I was SO sick after drinking that garbage drink, that I sat in the parking lot at the doctor's office sweating and shaking and willing the vomit to stay down.  If I threw up I would have to take the 3 hour glucose test, which no one wants to have to do.  As soon as the nurse drew my blood I literally ran to the bathroom and lost it.  

How far along? 28 weeks
Weight gain? 5 pounds. My lack of weight gain does worry the doctor's a bit, but baby is measuring 1.5 to 2 weeks ahead so that satisfied them for this appointment.
Stretch marks? No 
Maternity clothes? No, I have actually gone down a pant size and I'm still able to wear (and button) all of my pants.  My shirts are a different story, I have to stick with long or lose fitting tops.  
Sleep? What is that? I literally pee 8-10 times a night and my sleep has been an issue since Andrew left...not all baby's fault.  
Miss anything? My husband.  I hate that he has to miss all of the milestones, the ups and downs of pregnancy, and mostly his son kicking and moving.
Movement? He moves like crazy! Max loves watching/feeling him move.  He thinks it's hilarious when he puts his head on my belly and Hudson kicks it.  
Food cravings? NO, usually the thought of food makes me ill.
Food aversions? It took me 3 months to figure out I had heartburn.  I thought it was a combination of morning sickness and indigestion.  I'm now taking acid reducers, but I try to avoid spicy foods.
Looking forward to? My next appointment being in 2 weeks instead of 4.  That means we are getting closer.  

I had an ultrasound 4 weeks ago and still hadn't heard back on those results (I wasn't happy about that). The ultrasound showed that my cervix was measuring short, so today the doctor wanted to recheck that and make sure it hadn't gotten worse.  Normal range is 2.5 to 5.0, and mine was measuring 2.7.  If it gets any shorter they will have to take more drastic measures, as of today it remained the same.  When they rechecked the bleed, they showed some improvement and I was more than happy to get a positive review! They also checked the baby's kidneys and I am waiting to hear if the problem has resolved itself.  



2 comments:

  1. Holy flip, gain some weight. It makes me want to throw up that you've gone down a size and I'm 11 weeks behind you and I'm already considering the hair elastic addition to my pants. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is what happens when you barf every day for 24 weeks, YUCK! I feel like...you know who...
      PS. I cant wait to hear what you're having. I hope it's a boy for Spencer's sake, but you'll probably end up with all the pretty little girls.

      Delete