Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pregnancy Updates

How far along: 19 weeks
Maternity clothes: Most of my clothes still fit, some better than others though. 

Weight gain: As of today, I  weigh 3lbs less than when I got pregnant.   
Stretch marks: None...yet.  I'm hoping it stays that way.  
Sleep: What's that? I haven't slept well since Andrew left, but I especially haven't slept well since I got pregnant.  
Best moment this week: Will probably be tomorrow when I leave for a girls trip to St. George.  
Miss Anything: I miss being emotionally stable! These hormones have gotten the best of me this 
pregnancy.  My poor husband is probably glad he's 7000+ miles away.  
Movement: I felt him move for the first time around 16 weeks.  I feel him ALL the time now! It's a great reminder that he's there and healthy.  Food cravings: Food hasn't agreed with me all that well.  I still throw up on a regular basis...YUCK! I have random cravings though.  One night I wanted cheesecake so bad, and I was upset that I couldn't have it right that minute.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm always queasy. Smells still bother me, but nothing specific.  

Gender: BOY!!

Belly Button in or out: My belly button is like a bottomless pit...it never made its way out when I was pregnant with Max. I am hoping history repeats itself here.  Wedding rings on or off: On

Happy or Moody: Depends on how I'm feeling.  I have been very sick with this 
pregnancy, so that definitely hasn't helped in the mood department.  Looking forward to: Mondays appointment.  I will be having my 20 week ultrasound and seeing our little fella again.  This ultrasound also scares me a little though, I cant help that I'm such a worry wart.  I will feel much better after I know he has all of his parts and is right on track :) 


I had my Neurologist appointment today.  I still don't have many answers to these migraines, but we are well on our way to figuring something out.  I couldn't ask for a more competent or proactive dr.  She isn't too aggressive, but she is definitely on top of things.  The migraine that I currently have, has lasted 4 weeks.  Nothing that my OB has tried has helped relieve the pain.  
I had an appointment with an eye dr. on Friday and he found that my optical nerve was abnormal, which indicates increased intracranial pressure (ICP).  This finding would explain the migraines, but now they are trying to figure out what is causing the ICP.  It could be something as simple as the increased hormones, but they need to verify that it isn't something more serious. 
I had an MRI last month that was normal, so that is very encouraging news.  After seeing Dr Nguyen today, she feels a few more tests are necessary.  When you are pregnant you blood naturally thickens, so they want to make sure that it is traveling through the vessels appropriately and that there are no blockages or clots.  This is done by having and MRA/MRV which is similar to an MRI.  Following that test I have to have a lumbar puncture (LP) to make sure the ICP ins't too high.  They are able to test the pressure through the spinal cord and will remove some fluid samples for further testing.  Neither of these tests will put the baby at risk in any way.  She told me that if the first test shows something abnormal, I may be able to avoid the LP.  She warned me that this test wouldn't be pleasant, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  
They are also starting me on blood pressure medication.  My BP runs low regularly, so I questioned this.  She stated that they want to be proactive with pre eclampsia symptoms, and that this particular medication would hopefully help the migraines/headaches as well.  I will have to monitor my BP from home to make sure that it doesn't drop it too low.  
So today, I continue waiting.  I should be a champ at doing this, but it's really an area I need to work on.  They will get the prior authorization through my health insurance, and that can take up to a week.  After that auth is done, we will schedule the appointments and tests and go from there.  
I am so greatful for the love, support, and help from our family and friends at this time.  With Andrew being gone it definitely adds some stress, but he and I can both rest at ease knowing that we are not doing this alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment