Saturday, December 8, 2012

Thanksgiving


With Drew just getting home I found myself a bit emotional, as we have so much to be thankful for.  We talked to Max about the meaning of Thanksgiving and asked him what he was thankful for.  He has such a pure little heart.  He was thankful for Dad being home, for his soldier friends that weren't home yet, for his Mommy and Baby Hudson, and that he could feel Heavenly Father in his heart.  
This Thanksgiving I am especially greatful that my husband is home and that he is able to experience the last part of this pregnancy with me.  I am thankful to be married to such a great man, for the power of the priesthood, and for the gospel.  I am thankful for my children, for the joy and unconditional love that they bring to my life.  I am greatful for family, friends, and neighbors who have stood by me and supported me through this last year.  I am grateful for modern technology, the power of repentance, laughter, and second chances.  On a lighter note, I am greatful for tums, crushed ice, netflix, holding hands, and smart cookies. 
Dinner was at my parents this year, and we had Max the whole day. It was a bit chaotic because the whole fam damily was there, but as always we had a great time and everyone was thrilled to catch up with Drew. After dinner and some football, we headed up to Drew's Grandma and Grandpa Ely's for dessert.  The razzleberry pie was delicious, and Uncle Val provided all of the entertainment we needed.  I love sitting next to Kenna and hearing about her fascination with Twilight, as well as seeing how excited she is about baby Hudson.  She loves watching my belly and waiting for it to move. 
It was a busy day, but one that I was so happy to be spending with my boys.  They are so sweet with each other, they both love mama with all of their hearts, and they both make me one happy woman.  

Happy Thanksgiving! 

I just have to share a couple photos from our Army Family in Afghanistan.  It brought tears to my eyes knowing that my husband should be sitting right next to these people.  We love you Pirates...can't wait until we are welcoming you home! 




We miss you Auntie Binns!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment