Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Since I kinda missed Christmas this year, here's how I hear it went down :)

Max was at his dad's house the entire day, so we had to do Christmas a little differently this year.  We celebrated on Sunday morning before he went to his dad's house.  We had my parents come over and we waited for him to wake up and run to the living room to see all of his presents.  As most children are, he was very excited and tore through presents like it was nobody's business.  Santa didn't come to our house though, we explained to him that he only comes on Christmas Eve to the house that he is sleeping at.   
Mom and Dad got him a BB gun, some movies/games, and a dinosaur kit.  He was very spoiled by all of his grandparents and family with toys and clothes and treats. But his biggest surprise was a present from Nanny and Poppy.  He waited at the door as Drew and my dad brought it in the house, and the only thing I remember about that day was the look on his face as he saw it. He got a blue "vroom vrrom" of his very own.  He was surprised and excited and jumping up and down.  It's an electric four wheeler equipped with his own blue helmet to match. Unfortunately, because mom was under the weather I have no pictures of this.  

Christmas is a time to celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.  This year has been a spiritual journey for Andrew and myself, and I find myself feeling a whole new spirit about this day. Also, I had planned on spending it alone and much to my surprise the holiday season was shared with family and friends, as it should be.  I want to make traditions within my new family that our children can look forward to and enjoy.  I want our boys to know why we celebrate this day, and feel the spirit in their hearts.  I want to teach them these things so that they can grow up and experience these things with families of their own.  

Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment